It is with great sadness we announce the loss of our beloved friend and partner John Petorak. John was a cornerstone of the MKPV family for over 35 years. His intellect and legal acumen made our office and legal community better. His quick wit and humor were legendary. When John Petorak, affectionately known as “Bear,” walked into a room or courtroom all who knew him smiled. Quite simply, John Petorak was the best of us and we greatly mourn his passing. We miss him already but his legacy will certainly live on. Please keep John and his loving wife Karen in your thoughts and prayers.
“Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing.” – Mark Twain
Mr. Petorak was a former assistant public defender for Lackawanna County (1986 – 2013) and served as an adjunct professor for Pennsylvania State University (1986 – 1990). He was also a death penalty-certified attorney in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 1983
- Marywood College, M.B.A., 1975
- Mansfield University, B.S., 1972
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1984
Memberships & Credentials
- Lackawanna County Bar Association (Member, Criminal Rules Committee)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers