Attorney Rocco V. Valvano Jr. is a 1997 graduate of Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, where he received his Juris Doctorate Degree. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Scranton and is a graduate from Scranton Preparatory High School. Following Law School, Attorney Valvano served as a law clerk to the late Honorable Richard P. Conaboy, Senior Judge for the Middle District of Pennsylvania before joining the Firm.
Attorney Valvano’s practice is focused on Real Estate, Wills and Trust, Criminal Law and Personal Injury. Attorney Valvano has also represented municipalities and municipal authorities during his career. He has served as a Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert A. Mazzoni and is currently the Solicitor for the Lackawanna County Performing Arts Center Authority.
Attorney Valvano is a Licensed Pennsylvania Title Insurance Agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company. As a Title Agent, Attorney Valvano issues Owner Title Insurance Policies and Loan Title Insurance Policies for Residential and Commercial clients through the firm’s title insurance company, Keystone Abstract Services, Inc, which he manages.
Attorney Valvano has served as the co-chair of the Lackawanna County Real Estate Committee, Past President of the Scranton Prep Alumni Board of Governors and is also a member of The Society for the Preservation of the Tripp Family Homestead. He is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Widener University, J.D., 1997
- University of Scranton, B.S., cum laude, 1993
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Memberships & Credentials
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Lackawanna County Bar Association (Director, Young Lawyers Division, 2000 – 2004)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Trial Lawyers
- Lackawanna County Performing Arts Authority (Solicitor)
- Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas (Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert A. Mazzoni)
- Keystone Abstract Services, Inc. (President/Title Agent)
- United States Federal Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard P. Conaboy, 1997-1999)
- Scranton Prep Alumni Board of Governors (Past President)