Purchasing a new home or commercial property is an exciting time in your life. But there are many complex issues you may face when dealing with a real estate matter. Some contracts need to be read and signed, property rights issues to deal with, and leasing and development matters to handle. It’s something you cannot face on your own. You need experienced real estate lawyers to guide you through the process.
At Mazzoni Karam Petorak & Valvano, our Scranton real estate lawyers have been helping clients throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania for more than 50 years. With experience in both residential and commercial real estate, our attorneys will explain everything to you in detail and offer advice on what your best course of action should be.
What is Real Estate and Property Law?
Real estate litigation covers an extensive area of the law and deals with a variety of issues – from development issues to mortgage financing to landlord and tenant disputes.
At Mazzoni Karam Petorak & Valvano, we offer a full range of real estate services, including the following:
- Sales and Acquisitions: Our real estate lawyers represent both buyers and sellers in various kinds of real estate transactions, such as buying your first home to leasing retail space for your small business.
- Development: Living in Northeastern Pennsylvania, there are plenty of opportunities for economic growth. It’s best to have a local real estate attorney to help with the negotiations and preparation of the development and construction agreements.
- Leasing Agreements: Before signing a long-term lease, you should have your real estate lawyer examine the deal, point out any problems, and help negotiate on your behalf.
- Financing: When it comes to mortgages, construction loans, and home purchases – financing can be difficult to understand. You’re going to need an experienced lawyer to guide you through the terms and conditions of any loan agreement. Our attorneys can also assist in foreclosures and Small Business Association Loans.
- Property Issues: From easement disputes, title and zoning issues, landlord-tenant disputes, and joint ventures, it’s best to have someone in your corner to smooth over all the disagreements and assist in the negotiation process. And, if necessary, our attorneys will resort to litigation.
Our Scranton real estate lawyers also provide legal representation to financial institutions in negotiations of real estate purchases.
Why You Need a Commercial Real Estate Lawyer
Commercial real estate transactions can be tricky. Whether you are in the middle of business development projects and property leases or are involved in litigation matters, having a neutral third-party to help you in the negotiation process is essential.
Our commercial real estate lawyers can help you with:
- Purchase and Sales Agreements
- Lease Agreements
- New Construction Agreements
- Title Insurance
- Commercial Lease Disputes
There are risks when completing real estate transactions. That’s why you shouldn’t take it on alone.
Assisting Homeowners and Business Owners With Your Title Needs
Title issues are one of the most common problems in any real estate transaction. Problems can range from a simple clerical error to a lien on the home to even an illegal claim of the property. These issues can cause a big headache for the person purchasing the property.
However, there is a way to protect yourself from any title disputes that may arise. By hiring a title company, the lender and/or owner has protection against any claims against the property as a result of a title issue. The title company will make sure the title is legitimate and check to see if there are any liens, judgments, or unpaid taxes on the property. At the closing of your home, a settlement agent will walk all parties through the process.
Mazzoni Karam Petorak & Valvano offers settlement services through our title company, Keystone Abstract Services, a licensed title agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company. Through our title company, we can further assist our clients in getting the best deal possible in real estate transactions.
Why Our Scranton Real Estate Lawyers?
Real estate transactions are incredibly complicated. Not every lawyer has the track record and experience needed for these matters. That’s why you need to go with Mazzoni Karam Petorak & Valvano. With extensive knowledge in Pennsylvania’s real estate laws, our attorneys will make sure you understand the process and will negotiate a fair deal.
If you live in Northeastern Pennsylvania and are in the middle of a real estate transaction, now is the time to get a Scranton real estate lawyer on your side. Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first. Contact Mazzoni Karam Petorak & Valvano for a free consultation today. Serving clients in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wayne, Monroe, and surrounding counties.